- Information you provide.
- Information we get when you use our services.
- Information we get from third parties.
Here’s a little more detail on each of these categories.
When you interact with our services, we collect information that you provide to us. For example, many of our services require you to set up an account, so we may need to collect a few important details about you, such as your name, username, password, email address, phone number and date of birth. We may also ask you to provide us with some additional information that will be publicly visible on our services, such as a profile picture and username. Some services, such as commerce products, may require you to provide us with a debit or credit card number and its associated account information.
Of course, you’ll also provide us whatever information you send through our services, such as Reviews and Collections. Keep in mind that the users who view your Reviews, Collections and any other content can always save that content or copy it outside the app.
When you contact customer support or communicate with us in any other way, we’ll collect whatever information you volunteer or that we need to resolve your question.
When you use our services, we collect information about which of those services you’ve used and how you’ve used them. We might know, for instance, that you viewed a particular Place, saw a specific Event for a certain period of time and sent a few Polls to your Circle. Here’s a fuller explanation of the types of information we collect when you use our services:
- details about how you’ve used our services;
- device information, such as your web browser type and language;
- access times;
- pages viewed;
- IP address;
- Identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser; and Pages you visit before or after navigating to our website.
What do we do with the information we collect? We provide you with an amazing set of products and services that we improve relentlessly. Here are the ways we do that:
- Develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain and protect our products and services.
- Send you communications, including by email or SMS where permitted. For example, we may use email or SMS to respond to support enquiries or to share information about our products, services and promotional offers that we think may interest you.
- Monitor and analyse trends and usage.
- personalize our services by, among other things, suggesting places, events or activities, profile information, affiliate and third-party apps and services, or customising the content we show you.
- Add context to your Out experience, for example by showing you Places and Events based on your location (of course, if you've given us permission to collect your location).
- Provide and improve our advertising services, ad targeting and ad measurement, including through the use of your precise location information (again, if you’ve given us permission to collect that information), both on and off our services. We may also store information about your use of third-party apps and websites on your device to do this.
- Enhance the safety and security of our products and services.
- verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorised or illegal activity.
- Use information we’ve collected from cookies and other technology to enhance our services and your experience with them.
- Enforce, investigate and report conduct violating our Terms of Service and other usage policies, respond to requests from law enforcement and comply with legal requirements.
We may share information about you in the following ways:
- Information about you, such as your username, name and profile image.
- Information about how you have interacted with our services, such as your tournament “score”, your selected achievement, the names of Out users who you are friends with.
- Content you post or send. Some content like reviews are viewable to all users but other content like Collections, Itineraries and Polls depend on your personal settings and the type of service you are using.
- Public information like your name, username, profile pictures,tournament score and Public Profile.
- Public content like your publicly shared Reviews, and any content that you submit to an inherently public service, like Collections, and other crowdsourced services. This content may be viewed, used and shared by the public at large both on and off our services, including through search results, on websites, in apps and in online and offline broadcasts.
- With our affiliates. We may share information with entities within the Out LLC. family of companies.
- We may share information about you with service providers who perform services on our behalf, including to facilitate payments and measure and optimize the performance of ads and deliver more relevant ads, including on third-party websites and apps.
- We may share information about you with business partners that provide services and functionality on our services..
- We may share information about you, such as device and usage information, to help us and others prevent fraud.
- We may share information about you for legal, safety and security reasons. We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
- Comply with any valid legal processing, governmental request or applicable law, rule or regulation.
- Investigate, remedy or enforce potential Terms of Service and Community Guidelines violations.
- Protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users or others.
- Detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
- We may share information about you as part of a merger or acquisition. If Out LLC. gets involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation or bankruptcy or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company, we may share your information with that company before and after the transaction closes.
- Non-personal information. We may also share aggregated, non-personally identifiable or de-identified information with third parties that provide services to us or perform business purposes for us.
- Third-party content and integrations
- We store your basic account information — like your name, phone number and email address — and list of friends until you ask us to delete them.
- If you ever decide to stop using Out, you can just ask us to delete your account or do it yourself from within the app. We’ll also delete most of the information we’ve collected about you after you’ve been inactive for a while!
- Keep in mind that, while our systems are designed to carry out our deletion practices automatically, we cannot promise that deletion will occur within a specific time frame. There may be legal requirements to store your data, and we may need to suspend those deletion practices if we receive valid legal process asking us to preserve content, if we receive reports of abuse or other Terms of Service violations, or if your account, content created by you or content created with other users is flagged by others or our systems for abuse or other Terms of Service violations. Finally, we may also retain certain information in backup for a limited period of time or as required by law.
We want you to be in control of your information, so we provide you with the following tools.
- Access, Correction, and Portability: You can access and edit most of your basic account information right in our apps. You can also use Download My Data to obtain a copy of information that isn’t available in our apps in a portable format, so you can move it or store it wherever you want. Because your privacy is important to us, we will ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information before we let you access or update your personal information. We may also reject your request to access or update your personal information for a number of reasons, including, for example, if the request risks the privacy of other users or is unlawful.
- Revoking permissions: In most cases, if you let us use your information, you can simply revoke your permission by changing the settings in the app or on your device if your device offers those options. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose full functionality. For promotional emails and SMS, you may opt out by clicking on the unsubscribe link or similar mechanism as provided.
- Deletion: While we hope you’ll remain a lifelong user of Out, if for some reason you ever want to delete your account, just go here to learn how. You can also delete all your information from within the app.
- Communicating with other users: It’s important to us that you stay in control over whom you communicate with. That’s why we’ve built a number of tools in Settings that let you indicate, among other things, who you want to see your content.
- International data transfers: We may collect your personal information from, transfer it to and store and process it in the United States and other countries outside of where you live. Whenever we share information outside of where you live, when we are legally required to do so, we make sure an adequate transfer mechanism is in place. We also make sure any third parties we share information with have an adequate transfer mechanism in place, as well. You can find more information on the categories of third parties we share information with here.
You may have specific privacy rights in your state or region. For example, in the United States, residents of California and other states have specific privacy rights. Out users in the European Economic Area (EEA), the UK, Brazil, the Republic of Korea and other jurisdictions also have specific rights. We keep an up-to-date overview of state and region specific disclosures here.
Our services are not intended for - and we don't direct them to - anyone under the age of 13. That's why we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13. In addition, we may limit how we collect, use and store some of the information of EEA and UK users between the ages of 13 and 16. In some cases, this means we will be unable to provide certain functionality to these users. If we need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information and your country requires consent from a parent, we may require your parent’s consent before we collect and use that information.
In order to resolve a complaint regarding the Site or to receive further information regarding use of the Site, please contact us at:
White Dove Apartment. Road 1 Whitesands Beach Estate
Lekki, Lagos 105102